Study Abroad Programs

There are a few different types of study abroad programs available to UNC Asheville students. Financial aid for students in these programs varies. Before applying for any of the following programs, students are encouraged to contact the Office of Financial Aid to determine if their financial aid can be used to cover costs of the program they desire.

Exchange Programs: This section includes our ISEP Exchange programs, Baden-Württemburg programs and our Exchange Partner programs.  Students participating in UNC Asheville’s Exchange programs may use all types of financial aid for which the student qualifies, including Federal, State, and UNC Asheville grants, scholarships, and/or loans.

Non-Exchange Programs Including ISEP Direct: Students participating in Non-Exchange programs may use Federal and State grants, scholarships, and/or loans. These non-exchange programs include ISEP-Direct or other outside programs. UNC Asheville institutional scholarships and grants may not be used for these programs.

Faculty-Led Short-Term Programs:  Faculty-Led Short-Term programs are programs where one or more UNC Asheville faculty members lead a group of students abroad.