If you are a full-time student at a school, college or university and are 13 years old or over, you can apply for an International Student Identity Card (ISIC). It’s an easy process. In no time, you’ll be enjoying thousands of discounts and benefits at home and away. As a general guideline, students must be enrolled for the current academic year at an accredited institution and matriculating towards a diploma or degree.
Since the ISIC card is only available for full-time students, you will need to provide a proof of identity (Valid Drivers License, Valid passport), and one of the following documents:
- A document that proves that you are currently studying full time at a recognized school, college or university (Course Schedule or Tuition Receipt)
- Or a copy of your university or student ID, which is dated and clearly indicates you are currently a full-time student
When you purchase a card online, you will receive an email asking you to upload these documents.
A full-time student is defined as having at least 12 hours of study a week, for a minimum of 12 weeks a year.
- optional pre-paid function for the MasterCard
- insurance coverage
- valid for a year
- direct deposit with no fee
- transfer money from your bank to the card with no fee
Learn more about the ISIC Card here.